“Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.”
Hydroponics, by definition, means 'water-working'.
In practical use, it means growing plants in a nutrient solution, eliminating the need for soil. Allowing you to grow plants in a far more efficient and productive manner, with less labor and time required - Hydroponics is the answer to a number of issues that the current agricultural scenario might not be ready to handle.
With the global population estimated to exceed 9 billion by 2050, food sources - and the resources involved - are integral.
Future Farms' Hydroponic systems help you:
- Conserve 90% water, as our most precious resource is reused and recirculated
- Achieve a (much) faster grow cycle by optimising plant growth effort
- Avoid soil based diseases and pests by eliminating soil entirely. Did you know that 70% of plant ailments were soil-based?
- Geographic location no longer matter; transporting risks and thousands of food-miles are eliminated
- Quality and quantity of yield are maximised by our state-of-the-art growing technique
Nutrient film technique (NFT), a hydroponic technique wherein a shallow stream of water containing all the dissolved nutrients required for plant growth is re-circulated past the bare roots of plants in a square or circular duct/channel. This allows for all the plants in the system to receive constant, uniform access to the required nutrients.
Deep Water Culture (DWC), a simple, effective hydroponics system that works by suspending the plants’ roots directly into a highly oxygenated nutrient solution - considered by some the ‘purest form of Hydroponics’.